Buyers Guide on Continuing Personal Development
We all need to continually develop our expertise and talents. This is vital in order to keep up to date with changes and to remain marketable/employable. This booklet deals with all the main objections and suggests ways to keep people motivated. The booklet aims to help people become effective self-developers by showing them how to exploit everyday learning opportunities and how to produce feasible personal development plans and keep a learning log.
What is the purpose of this booklet?
To remind people that they must take responsibility for their personal development and to give them the necessary encouragement and tools to become effective self-developers. The booklet shows exactly how to make robust personal development plans and to keep a learning log.
Is it for me?
Since everyone is responsible for their self-development, the booklet is useful for everyone. Iit will provide you with all you need to become an effective proactive and reactive learner.
The booklet will show you how to:
- Put yourself first (and others a close second)
- Improve your current performance
- Prepare yourself for future changes
- Seek out learning/development opportunities
- Learn from planned and unplanned events
- Assess your own development needs
- Assess your own progress
- Experiment and try new things
- Review experiences
- Identify lessons learned
- Implement lessons learned
In how many ways could I use the booklet?
- Use it to produce personal development plans
- Use it to crystallise your daily learning by keeping a learning log
- Use it to review your learning (either by yourself or in conversation with other people)
- Use the ideas to keep yourself motivated
- Use it to provide your professional body or institution with ‘evidence’ that you are doing CPD
- Use it to help you identify and exploit a whole variety of learning opportunities
- If you are a trainer or developer, you could use the booklet as an ideal handout for your learners.
All rights reserved. This booklet is the copyright of Peter Honey Publications Ltd. It may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording or otherwise without prior permission of Peter Honey Publications Ltd.