The Honey and Mumford Learning Styles Questionnaire is the market leader. It has been used for over 20 years in every sort of organisation and educational institution. Many people have benefited from completing this intriguing questionnaire and discovering whether they are inclined towards activist, reflector, theorist or pragmatist.
Benefits of knowing your preferred learning style:
- Become smarter at getting a better fit between learning opportunities and the way you learn best. This makes your learning easier, more effective and more enjoyable. It saves you tackling your learning on a hit-and-miss basis
- Expand the 'band width' of experiences from which you derive benefit. Becoming an all-round learner, increases your versatility and helps you learn from a wide variety of different experiences - some formal, some informal, some planned and some spontaneous
- Improve your learning skills and processes. Increased awareness of how you learn, opens up the whole process to self-scrutiny and improvement. Learning to learn is your most important capability since it provides the gateway to everything else you want to develop.
Which Learning Styles Questionnaire is best for you?
There are two versions of the LSQ, the 80-item which is the original questionnaire and 40-Item which was developed in 2000 as part of the Learning Series.
- Ideal for people who want a more comprehensive questionnaire (i.e. 20 items per style instead of 10)
- Better for a longer session where there is time to explore learning styles and the suggestions for
action in more depth
- More appropriate for people who can relate to the business references
- More likely to appeal to traditionalists who want to use the original Honey & Mumford questionnaire.
- Ideal as an initial introduction for people who have not previously given much consideration to how they learn
- Useful if time is at a premium - the questionnaire takes less time to complete and score
- Helps people stay focused - there are fewer suggestions for action to choose between
- The wording is concise and better suited to a more diverse audience
How the questionnaire works:
- The user completes an online self-assessment questionnaire (a process that takes about 10-20 minutes, depending on the version) and receives an immediate diagnosis of his/her current learning style preferences
- You get your results within seconds of submitting your completed questionnaire
- Recieve plenty of practical advice to help you become a more effective learner
- With these results, he/she also receives a tailor-made personal development plan
- Built-in benchmarks enable the user to score him/herself against norms for different groups and he/she can compare his/her current results against previous results
- Online links take the user to practical and digestible advice on implementing development suggestions and to related resources